Why I Don't Do Vlogs

by - 6:56 PM

Once upon a time, there was a Dutch guy who didn't know what to do in his summer vacation. He decided to start vlogging. He made videos of himself while brushing his teeth, baking a pancake living his life and got a few subscribers that way. Then he broke his arm on camera and quickly became the biggest YouTuber in the Netherlands. This right here is why I don't understand the hype around vlogs. What's so interesting about watching a dude eat his dinner?
I'm not completely against vlogging though. I love IISuperwomanII's vlogs, but her life is actually interesting. If I'd make a vlog, it would be the most boring thing ever: all I do is going to college and doing my homework. Yet still a friend of mine wanted me to make a vlog. I thought it was a ridiculous idea, but I'd promised myself to get out of my comfort zone more often this year. Apart from that, I thought it would be better to show why I don't do vlogs instead of just telling you. So at the start of this month I picked up my camera to show you for once and all why I don't do vlogs.

WARNING
Low Quality Video Ahead


Okay, I had a lot of fun shooting this video, I admit it. But does that mean I should do it more often? Definitely not. Did you hear how nervous I sound? Did you hear how soft my voice gets when I'm nervous? Did you notice how I struggle to speak English? Did you see the epic fail with the not-so-neutral background? Oh, and looking straight at the camera isn't exactly one of my strong points either... Apart from that, I don't want to live my life through the lense of a camera. Sure, vlogging can be fun. I love to share the awesome things in life, but sometimes I think it's better to keep them to yourself and live in the moment.

Stay Awesome!

You May Also Like

12 Fellow Ramblers

  1. Hey, I nominated you for The Creative Blogger Award. :)

    https://weheartdreaming.wordpress.com/2016/01/23/the-creative-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video was acually really funny. Unintentionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! Believe it or not, this happens all the time: I think something isn't that funny, yet it makes people laugh :P

      Delete
  3. I want more, too! I love the vlog. :)
    1:35 is totally like me, "My mom said I can't tell you/show you this, so HERE YOU GO!" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, okay I'll make more videos.
      Now that I think about it, I do everything people told me not to do in one video XD

      Delete
  4. Hey,
    I agree with you, I only Show vlogs when I can't sleep but have to. They are really good night stories because anytime you will fall asleep.
    So by the way I tell you now, that I'Ve nominated you for the Liebster Award.
    Love, Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, next time I can't sleep I'm gonna try watching bad vlogs too! Thanks for the nomination :)

      Delete
  5. OOoOoh it was such a fun attempt Envy!!! Keep doing it. I loved it x

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Noor :) Looking back on it now I just cringe at my own awkwardness, but I still enjoy doing it (evne though I'm not really taking YouTube serious)

      Delete

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good! Wait, no, I mean: I solemnly swear that I will answer each and every comment ;)