My Alphabet of Books

by - 11:53 AM

So I saw this thing over at Karissa's blog and it looked like a lot of fun. Books are about half of my life (the other half is music and sports) and I liked to do the A-Z Book Survey too. Here it is, I hope you find some awesome new reads in there ;) Feel free to take the survey yourself too.

Author You've Read The Most Books From:
Stephen King, definitely. I started reading his books when I was thirteen and got addicted. It only got worse after Under the Dome became a TV series. I think I've read about 12 of his books and will read a couple more during the summer.

Best Sequel Ever:
Prodigy, by Marie Lu. I wasn't very impressed by the first book in the series, but Prodigy just blew my socks off. It was indescribably awesome.

Currently Reading:
Vampire Diaries: The Awakening+The Struggle. I thought I was going to hate it, since I didn't like Twilight, but it's actually quite good. Stuff happens within 50 pages, instead of the 500 pages of nothingness Twilight gave me...

Drink of Choice While Reading
Tea in the summer, hot chocolate during the winter, or whenever I feel like it should be winter.

E-Reader or Physical Book: 
Physical books without a doubt. I like the smell, the feel, the sound of rustling paper... I'm in love with physical books.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Dated in High School:
Ron Weasley, that's for sure. Or else Derek from the Darkest Powers Trilogy. There both a bit awkward, but I've got a soft spot for awkward boys :)

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
Holes, by Louis Sachar. I have this rule that I don't watch a movie adaptation before I've read the book. In this case I watched the movie way before I read the book. I highly doubted I'd like the book. After seeing the movie I doubted a little less. And after reading it, I was in love with it :)

Hidden Gem Book:
Sequoia, by Kirstin Vanlierde. It's a dystopian by a Belgian author and it's amazing. Sadly, it's only available in Dutch...

Important Moment in Your Reading Life:
When I realized I could effortlessly read a book in English. All of a sudden I could read so much more books. I think about a quarter of English bestsellers get translated into Dutch, so when I started reading in English, there was just so much more to choose and so much more to enjoy.

Just Finished: 
Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination, by Helen Fielding. Sounded funny, but disappointed me. I expected more from the woman who brought us Bridget Jones.

Kinds of Books You Won't Read:
I'll read anything except instruction manuals. The only thing you actually have to read is the thing I'll never read.
Longest Book You've Read
I read this really big Lord of the Rings three books in one thing. Not sure if it counts, but it had almost 1300 pages. I've also read all the Game of Thrones books and they're all over 600 pages each, so yeah, I'm not afraid of big books.

Major Book Hangover Because of:
Mockinjay, by Suzanne Collins. I just couldn't believe my all time favorite series had come to an end. I didn't read a book in weeks after that.

Number of Book Cases You Own: 
One. But there's a room in our house filled with books. The space underneath my bed is filled with books. My desk is filled with books, I've got a couple of bookshelves (only manga on those, but still) and piles of books in random corners of my room.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
I've read The Hunger Games at least five times. Once because I'd bought it, once because I enjoyed the story, once because I did a book report on it. Once because I wanted to read the original English version abd once because I wanted to read it before the movie would influence my view on the story and the characters.

Preferred Place to Read: 
I'm okay with any place. I can read anywhere, but I prefere my room.

Quote That Inspires You/Gives You All The Feels From A Book You've Read:
"Sometimes writing is running downhill, your fingers jerking behind you on the keyboard the way your legs do when they can’t quite keep up with gravity.” - Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell.
This is what inspires me to keep writing. To remind me of that great feeling you get when the words come effortlessly and you get swept away by your own story.

Reading Regret:
Reading some books that were the first in a trilogy in Dutch, even though I could have read them in English. I hate it when books in a serie don't match cover-wise, so it's a no go for me to switch to English halfway through a series. I regret it the most because I have to wait ages for Dutch releases, and sometimes publishers loose faith in the series and don't publish a last instalment at all.

Series You Started and Need to Finish (all books of the series are out):
Surprisingly none. I used to buy tons of books and stop halfway through series, but I learned from my mistakes. Now I either read the entire series almost back to back, wait for the books to come out or don't start the series at all.

Three of Your All-Time Favorite Books:
Of course The Hunger Games and Harry Potter. But also Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, which is a book about a road trip. Most places the characters visit are places I've visited too.

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
The Hunger Games. I read the book in 2009, so I consider myself part of the 'original' Hunger Games fanbase. I did a book report on it in 9th grade and we had this teacher who gave everyone bad grades, but I got an A because of my analyses of the story. 

Very Excited For This Release More Than Others:
Heroes of Olympus: Blood of Olympus. It will be so hard to say goodbye to Percy and Annabeth, yet still I'm looking forward to it. I kinda grew up with these guys.

Worst Bookish Habit:
Making reading into a competition. Like, I'm reading this 600 pages book and I tell myself I have to read at least 100 pages a day and finish the book before the end of the week. I can get so obsessed with the pagenumbers that I can't focus on the story anymore.

X Marks the Spot- Start at the Top Left of your Shelf and Pick the 27th Book:
Legend, by Marie Lu.

Your Latest Book Purchase:
I'm not sure if manga counts, but I recently bought three volumes of Full Metal Alchemist. I started this series when I was fourteen and I'm still not finished... Maybe I should have thought about this one when answering the question for the letter S...

ZZZ-snatcher- Last Book that Kept You Up WAY Too Late:
Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell. I loved Cath because I could relate to her so well, I just had to know how the book ended. I wasn't disappointed :) Totally worth the lack of sleep

You May Also Like

0 Fellow Ramblers

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good! Wait, no, I mean: I solemnly swear that I will answer each and every comment ;)