Let's Join a Blog Party!

by - 3:19 PM

Yesterday evening I bought a new laptop. I am now a proud owner of a brand new Acer Apire E15. Don't ask for more specifics, all I know about this thing is that it works and that I'm totally going to marry it!

With a new laptop comes the urge to post something, anything, but I don't have anything ready yet (I am currently hating socks and getting stuck in revolving doors, so expect some silly posts on those subjects soon). Then I remembered I joined a blog party! Finally, an excuse for a post! Also a good excuse for using lot of exclamation marks!
Okay, I'm just rambling now. Let's just get started on the questions form MorningTime4's blog party.
The Ups and Downs of My Not-So-Average Life


1. What do you love about the fall season?
I love something I like to call the 'Perfect Autumn Day'. A Perfect Autumn Day starts with throwing leaves high up in the air, kicking them around, making giant heaps of them to jump onto and lie on and run through it. It's all about making it rain leaves. I prefer doing this without getting dog poo on my hands (big problem in the Netherlands), but you never know what's hidden underneath those leaves.
When I get back home because of the dark clouds rolling in, my Mom makes me take a shower, because she's convinced her grown-up daughter somehow got herself covered in dog poo instead of crunched leaves. I stand in the shower for about half an hour, enjoying 15 minutes more of warm water than I usually do.
By the time I'm done and dressed in sweats and my favorite Batman sweater, the rain is pouring down and lightning is striking, thunder rumbling. I crawl into a corner with a cup of cocoa and a good book and read until the day comes to an end.
Source (check this one out!)
2. If you walked in a mall and saw a guacamole chip hat, would you wear one or eat it?
I'd make one of my friends buy it, let them walk around the mall and then eat their hat. Food is for eating, people, not for wearing. Personally I think this kind of hat is about as stupid as the thongs made of candy they sell around here. I don't understand why you'd wear food on your head, let alone on your private parts. Why, people, WHY?!

3.What is one of the most frustrating or aggravating things in the blogging world?
To me, that would be working really hard on a good post and then after posting it, seeing that it's doesn't get the amount of reads that a simple tag or award post gets. I mean, my post about selfies got 25 hits. I worked really hard on that one. Twenty-five is not bad, but one of my Sunshine Award posts got 50 hits. The amount of time I spend working on that post?Two hours. Amount of time I spend writing and researching people's opinions on selfies? Two months!

4. Would you rather build a snow man or sing in the rain? (See what I did there?)
Am I missing some kind of Frozen reference? Because I did see Frozen, you know.
Anyway, back to the question: I'd rather build a snow man. I can't sing, I don't like rain, but I'm a self proclaimed Ice Queen. When I was younger my snow man was never big enough. I just kept building and building until I couldn't reach it's top anymore.

5. If you had to choose how you were a part of a theater or movie production, what would you be?
I'd be the script writer who does this super sneaky cameo, like Stan Lee, that would get cut out of the movie (I'm not a theater person, sorry) because my acting is worse than John Green's performance in The Fault in Our Stars (his cameo was cut out of the movie by the way :P)

6.List your blogging inspirations.
Catalina @ The Emo Wolverine Writes
Riley @ Smiles No Matter
F @ The fence of stars
But everyone who comments on my posts inspires me to keep writing on this little blog :)

7. Do you think you could commit yourself to a Halloween costume made of lint or a costume made of bubble wrap?
I'd totally be Bubblewrap Lady! We don't really celebrate Halloween in the Netherlands, but if I ever go trick-or-treating and I find a roll of bubblewrap, I'd make a dress out of it. Be the Bubblewrap Princess or Bubblewrap Fairy. So many options!

Photobombed on Kolderdag...
8. Do you tend to photo bombed. people's photos, or divert from them?
I'm usually the one getting photo bombed... I can laugh about it, but I'm not like: 'Yaaay, got photo bombed again, woohooo!'. I know that it can be annoying, so I usually divert from people's pictures.

9. What is one word you constantly have to keep looking up the definition to?
To elaborate. What does that mean?!

10. If you wrote an autobiography, what would you call it?
I'd just call it 'Picking up the Pieces'. I chose that name for my blog because I always found myself in situations that I find life- and dream-shattering. I'd have to pick up the pieces and move on. My life story is about overcoming all my problems by just getting all my shit together and moving on.

So much for the questions from MorningTime4's blog party. Be sure to check it out by clicking on the button at the top of this post (you know, the one with 'Blog Party' on it). Enjoy your weekend!

You May Also Like

7 Fellow Ramblers

  1. Hey! Thanks so much for doing this! I agree with most of your answers! The word that I usually have to look up is "indolent". That word has been used way too much at school! XD You have a happy weekend too, Envy!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I enjoy blog parties, joining yours was no problem at all. I had a lot of fun answering your questions :)
      I've never heard of the word 'indolent'. Now I'll have to look that one up too!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your answers!:) A script writer who does super sneaky cameos! That's RAD!:)
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I ever write a book that gets published and then made into a movie, I'm totally gonna do a cameo :)

      Delete
  3. "Sheldon loves autumn" omg he's adorable xD And your description of an autumn day is amazing. I'd love to do that but somehow, I always end up doing something else instead of just getting in bed with hot chocolate ._. mostly like watching doctor who or playing a game with my siblings while it's thundering outside xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheldon is so cute! I smiled the entire day after finding him on tumblr :)
      Watching Doctor Who of playing with your siblings is fun to do on autumn days too. I don't have any siblings, but if I did, I'd totally drag them along to my leaf kicking party :)

      Delete
  4. These designs are so Pretty!!! I like the softness of the colors and the stacked indian wedding saree
    is really cool!!! Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good! Wait, no, I mean: I solemnly swear that I will answer each and every comment ;)