Never mind the bollocks, here's Marc!

by - 9:53 PM


Hi there lads and lassies!

I don’t think we’ve met, but I’m Marc. Also known as the boyfriend of Envy. Envy thought it was a good idea. I thought is was a good idea to introduce myself to you all a bit, because that’s what I do. I’m annoying like that haha.

Marc in 10 steps

1. I’m Dutch, but not Dutch like Envy haha. I’m southern and we are awesome! We take things a bit more easy. The North is a bit more like ice: mostly cold. I am so. We are close to the German and Belgian border, naturally we are awesome.

2. I love Football. I breathe football. I’m addicted to football. And when I talk about football, I mean the only good way to talk about football. If you call it soccer, well you know… I’ve travelled around Europe for games. Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Poland, United Kingdom. It’s so awesome. I have seen over 200 different stadiums and it’s bloody fantastic. But to say football is a big part of my life…

3. I am good egg, I suppose. I would do everything for my friends and family. I’m quite supportive I like to think. Seriously, I would do anything for Envy. Yeah, cheesy AF but it’s still the truth.

4. Talk about cheesy, I LOVE food. All the food, every time of day. Food is the cornerstone of society and I am truly a fan of food. I’m very enthusiastic about food and I love going to restaurants and lunchrooms. If you want to know directions, I’ll probably guide you through a city via their fantastic restaurants and snackbars. And chicken. Definitely chicken.

5. I will definitely tell you about the importance of music. Music is so important. I will definitely try to dance with everyone. That is quite strange, given the fact I can’t dance. I will ask you about certain bands and artists, if you don’t know I have this urge to educate you about music. Because music is life.

6. Arts & Culture is what I study. Well, I’m attempting. I’m intelligent, but I would say I’m reasonably bright. Makes sense right? It’s a combination of History, Politics, Science and Technology Studies, Philosophy and Art. I’m sure I’m forgetting something, but it’s broad. D’ya know what I mean? (100 points if you thought of Liam Gallagher)

7. Mental health, I’m very passionate about mental health. If you’ve ever visited my blog, you will know that I suffer from different mental illnesses ( Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Depression and OCD) and I’m trying to educate people about it. I want to raise awareness for it because it’s so important in this world and society. Well at least I think it is.

8. I have a very strong opinion. On everything. But I have to support my opinion with arguments and that is what I do. On religion, politics, football, books, films, poems, fashion, mental health. You name it.

9. Rugby and Cricket. Football is my number one love, right. But Rugby and Cricket, OH MY DAYS. Just put it on, I will passionately sing the anthems, drink tea and shout. I love it, I definitely love it. I might spill some hot tea when there’s a six or a try, but you know.. collateral damage.

10. Wales. My grandfather was Welsh and I feel strongly connected to my Welsh heritage. Both in culture as in language and I try my best to learn more and more about it. I’m currently trying to learn Cymraeg/Gymraeg, but it’s pretty hard to be honest haha.


This has been all good fun obviously, but serious now. I’m Marc, 24 years old and I have studied history and now I study Arts & Culture. I love Tea, Shakespeare, Football, Poetry, Pingu and Doughnuts. I’m an Anglophile and I’m forever busy. I’m writing books and it feels briljant.

Envy is the most kind soul on this planet and her words make my day. Every single day. She is sweet, kind, intelligent, charming, lovely, funny, beautiful and very witty.Although my mental illnesses make it hard, she makes my life complete and without her, I wouldn’t be where I am right now. She’s an angel on this eart and I absolutely love her.
Hope you enjoyed reading this and if you did, come over to my blog!


Marc


You May Also Like

22 Fellow Ramblers

  1. I never thought I would read about cricket on Envy's blog ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha!
      Sorry I just had to reply to this xD
      Anyway! This was an interesting post and I'd like to check out your posts on mental health. Have a nice day ^^.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your nice words, I post a lot about mental health and if you want to know more, you can always ask! Have a nice day too :)

      Delete
    3. Now I feel like writing a post on how I don't understand a thing about cricket tbh

      Delete
  2. That's so great that the two of you are bloggers! And he's so sweet! #5 made me crack up! Great post!

    theglamouradvocate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the sound of the Art and Culture studies that you're engaged in, Marc! I study Classical Archaeology, so the History, Philosophy, and Art sound right up my street! What a lovely paragraph to end on as well, writing about what Envy means to you! That really brought a smile to my face! Thanks for sharing!

    Abbey 💋 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abbey! We have spoken a few times on twitter before :) (If you remember me, that is haha) That's such an interesting field. I would love to know more about Classical Archaeology, it's very limited here in the Netherlands. Well Envy is a lovely person and she deserves all the love and appreciation :) Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed Marc's post. Now I'm over here thinking: I don't really like philosophy but when I was six I wanted to be an archeologist so that's relevant to the comment?
      Hahaha :)

      Delete
  4. lol this was such a cool post! Very interesting read, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! There's plenty where that came from... lol

      Delete
    2. You'll like Marc's blog so much if you think this was a cool post already :D

      Delete
  5. Whenever anyone in my class calls it soccer I always correct them haha! And rugby andcricket are the best! Also, how cute are you and Envy?! Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why would they call it like that?! It's just a disgrace in my opinion haha. We are definitely cute, right? We score very high on the Hug-ability scale. :

      Delete
    2. I call it soccer though... *hides face in shame* I can't help being brought up as a sorta kinda American! I hope this doesn't make us less cute :P

      Delete
  6. This is such a sweet style of post! The last paragraph is sooo sweet x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey another familiar face! Thank you so much Kayleigh! Envy deserves all the love!

      Delete
  7. Awh such a cute post! You two are so lovely! And nice to finally come across a fellow dutch person, you're the first one who is dutch, but blogs in english haha. Love, Larice

    https://hilarice.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting and your nice words! Definitely going to check out your blog!

      Delete
    2. It's always great to meet another Dutch person who blogs in English! We should have a meet up with all Dutch bloggers who write in English some time :P

      Delete

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good! Wait, no, I mean: I solemnly swear that I will answer each and every comment ;)