X is an Okayish Letter

by - 1:57 PM

Lately I've been obsessed with words, even more than usual. I learn new words in Urdu and German while I rediscover English words that I haven't heard since I was 11. I've looked back at the words that hurt me and I hope that my way with words will shape my future.
The Text Tag matches my current mindset perfectly. I was lucky enough to be tagged for it by not just one, but two amazing bloggers: Little Robin from Little Teen's Blog and Elsie Anonymous. Thank you ladies for tagging me, I'll go answer your questions right away!

What is your favorite letter of the alphabet?
It's not just the first letter of my real name, you can also make this letter with your hands. Sort of. Kind of. Not really. But the idea is cool.

What are three words that you love?
Three words, three different languages. I couldn't help myself. I chose these words because of the way they sound, not because of what they mean. These words are the words I could say all day without ever growing tired of them. 
I think we all know what 'pope' means. Zalzala means earthquake and sounds very pretty for something that destroys everything. Dompelpomp is a device for cleaning your pond without killing your fish. The thing itself is lame but the word sounds nice.

What are three words that you hate?
These words... My god, I hate them so bad. I hate pineapple because it doesn't make any sense. It's 'ananas' in almost every language, but in English it's suddenly 'pineapple'. Where is the logic in that?!
Career is a word I hate because I can't pronounce it properly. My tongue is probably too fat to do it. It always comes out as 'caweer' or 'careew'. Stupid word.
The last word I hate is from my own language and it means 'bucket'. I have no idea why, but I don't like the word 'emmer' at all. Something about it is just not quite right.

If you were to create a word, what would it be and what would it describe?
I'm very bad at creating new words. My best friend is much better at it. I think he came up with my favorite home made word. Okay, my second favorite, but my favorite is an insult and that's not nice. So the one I'll go for is 'okayish'. It's perfect for when something is not quite okay, but it's still too good to say 'meh'. That's when things are okayish.

What are your three favorite punctuation marks?
I love making huge extravagant question and exclamation marks. In 11th grade I used to spent most of my math tests making beautiful question marks on my asnwer sheet whenever I had no idea what I was supposed to do. 
The period, well, it's the bas of almost all punctuation marks and deserves some respect, don't you think?

What are your three favorite fonts?
I'm not a huge dan of fonts to be honest. I prefer handwriting over fonts. My favorite handwriting is that of my friend Jasmina, my mom's and my own (glad that didn't sound arrogant at all).

What's a word/words that you think is often misunderstood and gets used in the wrong context?
(Question by Little Robin)
Literally. I think this is literally the most misused word in the English language. Whenever people say they are "literally dead", I cringe. I see you laughing, I hear you talking, unless you're a zombie you're not literally dead right now!

If you could remove one letter from the alphabet, which one would it be and why?
(Question by Elsie Anonymous)
Okay, I admit that the letter X looks pretty bad ass. But do we actually need it? It's just a combination of a normal K and a normal S and yes, it does make a word look a whole lot fancier, but it's still completely unnecessary. It's an okayish letter at best.

As tags usually go, I´m supposed to pass it on. Here are the blog buddies I´d like to see answer these questions:
Jerneja from Sparkly Kid
Kathie K from A Sea Change
Kanra Khan from The Lunar Descent

My extra question for you: Which do you prefer, handwritten or typed notes?

You May Also Like

4 Fellow Ramblers

  1. I love this tag! I think x is probably my favourite letter to be honest, it's just so mysterious. Plus my name would be Leie without it! Great post.

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or your name would be Leksie :P The letter X does have some awesomeness to it, but again: wouldn't a K and an S solve the problem too?

      Delete
  2. Thank you for tagging me! :)
    We have a similar word for bucket in our dialect of Slovene (ajmer) and I love it because it's such a fun sound. I'll start writing the tag right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I thought you'd like a text based tag :)
      I even like ajmer better than emmer. I just hate emmer so much XD
      I'm already looking forward to your post!

      Delete

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good! Wait, no, I mean: I solemnly swear that I will answer each and every comment ;)