Walk Away

by - 5:00 PM

I am by no means a poet. There was a time when I thought I was one, when I even thought I was a good one. Then I started literature classes in high school and didn't see the difference between great poetry and bad poetry anymore. Now writing poetry is something I like to do when my heart is broken. Lucky for me my heart doesn't get broken every day, but for my poetry it means, well... it means that I don't write very much.

My heart was last broken a year ago. I moved on, but had a few setbacks. During one of those setbacks, I wrote this poem. It lay unfinished on a scrap of paper under my bed, where all my painful personal projects end up at some point, and I only found it when I had to clean my room. I liked it when I found it, but saw it needed some tweeking. You see, in the original version I took the blame for getting my heart broken. The end was extremely sad. I knew I could do better than that. And so, I gave it a shot.

Walk Away


I wish I'd walked
Walked
Walked away

In my mind you were perfection
You were everything to me
Then with one single action
You destroyed our little 'we'
Yet you wouldn't give me the satisfaction
Of walking away to get to be
Away from all the harm and rejection

Let me just walk 
Walk
Walk away

Thousands of memories cloud my mind
They try to drag me back to the past
To back when you were sweet and kind
Yet I don't need you to make this life the best
Nor the memories of how it was all so ill-timed
So I'll shrug and shake it off
I'll leave it all behind

I'll walk
Walk
Walk away
The future lies ahead


I was never meant to be a poet. But at moments like these, I'm glad I can string words together this way. I sincerely hope you enjoyed reading a little bit of my wannabe poetry.

Stay Awesome!

You May Also Like

4 Fellow Ramblers

  1. I used to write poetry when I was like, nine. After that I never seemed to get back in the poetry phase xD
    this one is really nice though and I especially like the graphic that you've put up with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was nine I wrote stories about a mouse on a slide, so I think you did better than me back then :P You've got other art forms though, I like to see where water painting will take you :)
      Does it make me sound arrogant when I see I'm pretty proud of that picture? Couldn't get the letters of my shoes though XD

      Delete
  2. This poem is really good. I've never been good at poetry and I wish that I could write something like this. Well done, it's great!
    Also, I've tagged you in a post of mine back at my blog, if you're interested.
    All the best, Elsie A xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment! And yes, I'm interested in doing tag :) I've been tagged before, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Glad that you tagged me too, otherwise I would've forgotten all about it! :)

      Delete

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good! Wait, no, I mean: I solemnly swear that I will answer each and every comment ;)