Grateful Blogger Tag

by - 8:52 PM

At some point in our life, we all have to stop being egoistic and demanding jerks and be grateful for what we already have. Thanksgiving is tomorrow, but we don't celebrate that in the Netherlands. But what if we all have a turkey sandwich and read a post about what I'm grateful for? I've already got the Grateful Blogger Tag, thanks to Catalina Blue from the emo wolverine writes, I'm fixing myself a turkey sandwich and... let's go!

Rules: 
  • Thank the person who nominated you, they will surely appreciate it! Also, leave a link back to the person who nominated you. 
  • Write about ten things you are grateful for. Here is the tricky part though; you can't just say you are grateful for gum or video games or whatever "little" thing it is you want to discuss. Think deeply about what is really important to you, such as family, or life itself. Explain why you are thankful for those things. 
  • Tag ten bloggers; our goal is to tag everyone!! Comment on the blogs you nominate so they will know that they were tagged! 
  • Add the pic above to your sidebard or award page, thanking the person (or people) who tagged you. 

#1
The first thing I'm grateful for is the way I've grown over the past few months. When old high school friends see me now, they see a totally different Envy than they used to see. I'm a long way from being the strong and confident girl I want to be, but I know how to act confident. There are days, seldom though they are, when I am not insecure at all. I just go with the flow and see where I end up. It's working out fine so far and I've really overcome some personal fears and phobias. I'm a better person now than I was a year ago.

#2
I'm also grateful for the friends I've made over the past years. We're drifting more and more apart now, but they are still there for me when I need them, just one phone call away. I've also made a lot of new friends since I started college and one old friend... Let's just say G. and I have become a lot closer since we're going to the same college, both studying to become teachers. It's crazy how much fun we can have with bad puns based on our most important study book, the Manual for Teachers.

#3
Speaking of college, I'm super grateful for more or less landing an internship! Internships are a huge part of my curriculum. A friend of mine had place for an extra intern at her intern-school, so now we're both doing an internship teaching German at a high school in Rotterdam!

#4
What else? Well, I'm grateful to be here at Picking up the Pieces, sharing too much information with all you guys. Blogging has become an important part of my life. I'm glad I am able to do this. I can't really explain how much blogging means to me. Just take my word that it is very very very important!

#5
When it comes to blogging, I'm also grateful for all my 45 GFC followers! You are amazing! Every time I see someone new following me I do this utterly ridiculous victory dance. Lately my Dad joins me in these dances and he likes this so much that he wants me to reach 50 GFC followers as soon as possible. He even made a bet on how long it would take me XD
Reaching 50 would be amazing, but I'm grateful for reaching 45. It's not a whole lot, but if you'd told me two months ago that I'd have 45 followers before the end of the year, I would have laughed at you.

#6
Another thing I'm grateful for is being part of the Teenage Blogger Central team. I'm a greeter there and I come up with ideas for guest posts every now and then. It makes me feel useful and I like to see the community grow. If you're a teenage blogger, head over to Teenage Blogger Central and join our community! We're so freaking awesome, you don't want to miss our amazingness!

#7
It may sound cheesy, but I'm also very grateful for having parents as great as mine. They've shown me a lot of the world before I turned eighteen. They've supported me in my darkest hours. They love the fact that I'm blogging. They're proud of me for not giving up on my dream of becoming a writer. They're very sweet for thinking that 45 followers is a whole lot these days.
They're amazing and I wouldn't know where I'd be without them.

#8
The last thing I can think of that I'm truly grateful for at this very moment is the scholarship I get from the Dutch government. Every month I get some money so I can go to college. I'm very happy with this money, because money would've been too tight to mention if I would've been denied this scholarship. Now I can go to college without being a gigantic financial burden on my parents and I am very grateful for that. Sometimes I even have a little money left at the end of the month. Most of the time I have to get it from the sparce clicks on the ad in my sidebar though, but that's okay. At least my parents won't have to change their way of living just because I wanted to go to college!

Naming ten things is very difficult. I'll leave it at eight for tonight. I'm quite sure that I'll come up with two more things as soon as I close my laptop, just like I always knew the answers to the hard questions on my math tests three hours after handing it in.

Tagging people? Oh right, almost forgot about that part. Let's see... I won't be able to do ten in this department either, since most bloggers in my part of the blogosphere have already been tagged.
Anyways, I'm tagging these awesome bloggers!
Riley @Smiles No Matter
Kathie K @A Sea Change
Jenna @Sparkly Kid
Holly @Inky Quill and Paper
A Girl without a Name @Sunsets and Sundays
Ruya Preetika @Waking Moments

Stay Awesome!

You May Also Like

12 Fellow Ramblers

  1. It's when you have to talk or write about yourself that is extremely difficult. You start to question if you know yourself at all xD
    Thank you for tagging me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!
      That's true, when I'm just hanging out I can name tons of things I'm grateful for, but as soon as someone tells me to write it all down, my mind goes entirely blank O.o

      Delete
  2. Congratulations for your internship :D
    Victory dance sounds interesting :P :P XD

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so happy with that internship :D
      My Dad's victory dance is the most interesting thing you can imagine :P He likes to act a little crazy when he's not at work, so his dance is actually much more victory dance-like than mine :P

      Delete
  3. Hi! Your blog is amazing. I can't stop reading.
    I answered the question about cupcakes which you left on my blog (The Cake Diaries) a few days ago.
    Hope my advice helps. It's hard to tell exactly what went wrong with your cupcakes without knowing the recipe you used.
    Thank you so much or reading my blog :)
    http://the-cake-diaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your advice on the cupcakes! Next time I'm going to try to beat it better, 'cause I think that might be what went wrong. Sadly I can't bake for a while, because of bird flu, or whatever it's called in English, and my Mom has rationed the eggs since most of the chickens in the country either have the disease or are about to have it...
      And thank you for the compliment, that really made my day :)

      Delete
    2. That's too bad. But you know, there are loads of recipes you can bake without eggs.Why don't you try some of those?
      My latest Oat Cookie recipe doesn't use any eggs. But it's really delicious and good for you. maybe you can try that :) Hope you get better soon.

      Delete
    3. I think I'm gonna try out that recipe :) Maybe I'll do it this weekend if I have the time :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your internship and scholarship! As a girl who is about to enter the college world I know those two things are definitely something to celebrate! Thanks for the nomination as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome ;)
      You know, getting a scholarship is standard, but the amount of paper work you have to go through to actually get it... O.o So much could've gone wrong that I almost cried of relief when I got the first payment. Same thing with the internship: college should have found a place, but college didn't do anything so we had to find ourselves a place. So glad I don't have to worry about it anymore :)

      Delete
  5. Posts like this make me realize to be grateful with everything I have right now. Great blog. You have a new follower here. Hope you could follow me back too. Thanks.

    fashion-sage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for following me! I'm following back ;)

      Delete

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good! Wait, no, I mean: I solemnly swear that I will answer each and every comment ;)